June 23, 2017 • By tambo
Welcome to the Friday Freebie! Each week we share one free impactful hotel marketing tactic that you can implement immediately to drive more conversions and more revenue. This Week’s Freebie: Improve organic search results by positioning your hotel as the epicenter of your destination. Today’s travelers are investing in authentic, intimate experiences that immerse them in the local life and culture. They’re hungry for insider secrets and seeing parts of a city that travelers usually don’t get to see, not just the big-ticket attractions. And, they’re looking for a hotel that will give them front-row seats to all of that. When they start researching hotel options online, they don’t start with ‘your hotel name.’ Instead, they’ll use search terms such as: “hotels near Santa Monica beach” “Santa Monica pier hotels” “hotels on third street promenade Santa Monica” In short, travelers prioritize the destination first, and hotels second. One smart way to capture more online views and come up in more search results is to boost the destination content on your website. Here are some tips:
- Don’t simply use your destination pages as a directory of major local attractions. Include lesser-known must-see local spots and write short relevant descriptions for each.
- Share insider tips for exploring the city.
- Target long tail search queries by including content that answers common travel questions. A hotel site is more likely to rank for long tail search terms that have less competition and will see a rise in user engagement.
- Include distances from your hotel.
- Showcase loved-by-local coffee shops, boutiques, restaurants located in your neighborhood.
- Include seasonal suggestions, including ‘Holiday activities in Boston’ or ‘Summer activities in Breckenridge.’
- Keep up a destination calendar of fun neighborhood events that can offer visitors a taste of local life.