A hotel marketing lesson from mom….
Welcome to the Friday Freebie!
Each week we share one impactful hotel marketing tactic that you can implement immediately to drive more conversions and more revenue.
This week’s Freebie:
Mom was right.
Our moms are always dishing out sage advice. And, it turns out their quips hold a lot of hotel marketing wisdom. In honor of Mother’s Day and all our wonderful mothers out there, we’re celebrating one of our favorite mom quotes:
“You have one chance to make a good impression.”
And the valuable, hidden hotel and resort marketing message behind it?
Your words matter.
You have seconds to capture your customer’s attention and make an impression. EIGHT seconds, to be exact. Studies show that’s the average attention span in our age of streaming content and smartphones.
So, you have to get your message across – quick.
To entice, engage and convince within that tiny time frame, every word has to be intentional, poignant and clear the first time around. Or else, risk losing the customer who doesn’t have time to ‘get it’.
Don’t expect a second chance to repeat yourself.
- Succinctly present your core value proposition on your hotel website homepage in a way that appeals to the emotional truth your property delivers (EX: “Create unforgettable family memories at ____ Resort.”)
- Assume customers are going to scan, not read
- Put your most important points at the beginning
- Keep paragraphs short, about 2 sentences long
- Use bullet points, subheads, bold or design elements to break up text
- Leave plenty of white space
Tambourine uses technology and creativity to increase revenue for hotels and destinations worldwide. The firm, now in its 33rd year, is located in New York City and Fort Lauderdale. Please visit: www.Tambourine.com