Welcome to the Friday Freebie!
Each week we share one FREE impactful hotel marketing tactic that you can implement immediately to drive more conversions and more revenue.
This Week’s Freebie: Convert more lookers into bookers by tweaking your hotel website copy.
Today, no one has the attention span to read anymore.
Studies show that people online only have an attention span of 8 SECONDS.
This puts a lot of pressure on hotel marketers to entice, engage and convince all within that tiny timeframe.
So, what’s a hotel marketer to do to maximize mere seconds when someone is on your website–your ultimate marketing asset? How can you quickly push someone closer to booking?
The Main Secret: Write for scanners, not readers.
So, write less, make every word count, and make it easy to read.
Here Are Some Tips:
- Cut the fluff, get to the point. Adjectives are the sign of a weak writer!
- Don’t feel the pressure to write in full, complete sentences all the time. It’s okay now to write how you speak. Say what you mean and mean what you say!
- Break up content in at-a-glance, “snackable” chunks, instead of writing lengthy paragraphs.
- Use subheads and headlines to break-up distinct topic changes. This makes it easier to digest important points.
- Replace some copy with a fitting image or video instead.
Get More Here: Want People to Actually Read Your Hotel Website? Here’s How.
Tambourine uses technology and creativity to increase revenue for hotels and destinations worldwide. The firm, now in its 33rd year, is located in New York City and Fort Lauderdale. Please visit: www.Tambourine.com