Welcome to the Friday Freebie!
Every Friday, we share one free impactful hotel marketing tactic that you can implement immediately to drive more conversions and more revenue.
This Week’s Freebie: Use free web-based tools to get instant updates on your competitor’s moves and offers.
Today’s travelers are extremely fickle and can be easily swayed by the latest competitor promo. So, never lose track of what your comp set is doing. There are so many tools and tactics at your disposal, that you should never be taken by surprise when a competitor starts outperforming you.
One of the easiest and most revealing ways to keep tabs on other hotels is to find out what their own guests are saying about them. Check in on their latest guest reviews on TripAdvisor and make a special note of what annoys their guests, as well as what delights them. (Your own review analysis tools may even allow you to monitor compset properties as well).
Aside from monitoring compset Trip Advisor reviews, here are a few other free ways to stay on top of competitive intelligence:
• Check out MOAT: an awesome free tool that displays ads served by other hotels across the web. You can view not only the actual creative unit, but also other details like what website it appeared on, dimensions of the ad, file size of the ad, and file type of the ad.
• Set up Google Alerts for each competitor.
• Subscribe/follow their social media feeds.
• Subscribe to their email list.
• Follow your top competitors automatically in your LinkedIn Sales Navigator dashboard.
These simple, smart practices will ensure you’re staying one step ahead of everyone else in your market.
Tambourine uses technology and creativity to increase revenue for hotels and destinations worldwide. The firm, now in its 33rd year, is located in New York City and Fort Lauderdale. Please visit: www.Tambourine.com