Each week we share one impactful hotel marketing tactic that you can implement immediately to drive more conversions and more revenue.
This week’s Freebie: Travelers are already telling us what they want, what they’re excited about and what will draw them in. Just listen closely in the right places and embrace this data to improve your hotel product and overall marketing results.
There’s no need to conduct a survey to find out what guests want. They’ve already revealed this information online. And, it’s readily available to you.
You can easily discover what travelers are seeking in a hotel experience by listening and monitoring the right places:
- Use Google’s Adwords Keyword Tool to see what keywords visitors are searching for
- Monitor your social media posts and comments AND your compset’s
- Monitor your TripAdvisor reviews AND your compset’s
- Study your DMO’s research on regional visitors and their habits
- Comb through post-stay surveys
By keeping a close tab on this readily available data, you’ll be able to see both the threats and the opportunities for improving your hotel product and service experience. For instance:
- Do you get frequent complaints regarding a specific aspect of your hotel?
- Are travelers to your destination talking about a certain new attraction?
- Is there a spike in keyword searches for hotels near a certain neighborhood?
- What are the top activities and attractions near you (and how are you partnered with them)?
- These priceless digital breadcrumbs and golden nuggets of information will assist you in building a customer path straight to your door.
Tambourine uses technology and creativity to increase revenue for hotels and destinations worldwide. The firm, now in its 34th year, is located in New York City and Fort Lauderdale. Please visit: www.Tambourine.com