April 26, 2013 • By Dave Spector
How does this affect your marketing?
- Rate parity is essential across all online channels: any rate dissonance will confuse and repel prospective guests. Make sure any discounts or flash sales are available on your website, where most consumers prefer to book directly.
- Image parity: conveying consistent brand, rooms and amenities imagery across all online channels will comfort savvy consumers
- Mobile-friendly websites are essential: up to 25% of your web traffic is coming on mobile/tablet devices.
- Social proof is critical: consumers are deeply affected by reviews, awards and engaging social content. If you’ve got it, flaunt it!
- Take your best shot: consumers are more deal-conscious than ever. Make a compelling offer to gain consideration
And if you’re wondering which sites your customers are looking at other than yours… check out your website analytics stats each month for a complete list of the sites that arriving visitors are coming from… you might be surprised!